Comment on page
cfxOIA allows multi-tier filtering criteria so that the results are narrowed to the required selection. The following section explains various ways a filter can be applied.
While the following examples show applying filters on incidents, the procedure is universal across cfxOIA and equally applicable to Alerts.
In cfxOIA, both on Incidents and Alerts, the user can filter the displayed results using 3 different criteria as shown below.
Wherever a user sees the following bar Fig1 (Filters bar) in any dashboard or UI functionality, you can use the filtering functionality (in the context of that UI / Dashboard or Pages).
Fig1a Filter Bar
Fig1b. Filter Bar after + sign
Various filtering options displayed in Fig1a and Fig1b Filter Bar are explained below.
- 1.Filter options display Displays filter query as values selected.
- 2.Filter Selection: Click '+' icon to expand property selection bar (Fig1b). The details are given at the numbered positions.
- 3.Time Filters: Time filters allows to filter incidents based on the time periods selected from drop down menu.
- 4.Clear Filter: Clear the filters.
- 5.Save current filter: This selection opens up new view to capture filter name and also, to save the user selected filter (in the context).
- 6.Saved Filters: Retrieve existing /previously saved filters
- 7.Shared Filters: Filters shared across the customer by users are shown here.
- 8.Recently Used Filters - Allows to browse through recently used filters and allows to reapply a filter to filter the displayed results.
- 9.Property - You can use 'Any' or select various property names (column names) shown from a drop down menu after clearing 'Any'. For example, if a user wants to filter the results by Category, then a user can choose Category as Property field. Similarly, other properties are displayed to the user to select/apply those properties in filtering displayed results.
- 10.Operation: allows a use to apply conditional operator like equals, not equals, etc on a value. for the allowed operation values to appear
- 11.Enter a Value - User can enter the filtering value for example. if a user is filtering results by Period, then enter 6 hours so that results are displayed based on the incidents created during last 6 hours period.
- 12.Display Label - Allows to give a name to filter so that it is easy to recollect and reapply the filter.
- 13.Add - cfxOIA will apply the filtering condition on the value user has selected.
- 14.Close - Close additional filtering property /condition applying bar.
Example: Below report is filtered filtered by vROps alerts and with serverity of 'Critical'
Time filters like previously seen age filters, allows faster filtering by selecting icon and choosing a value as described below.
Click 'Add Time Filter' as displayed above which pops up with different times
Select last 24 hours, the selected age is displayed as shown below.Total Values displayed are 362.
Users after applying filters can save filters for lateral use.
Once the respective filter has applied, click on 'Save Current Filters' (2) as shown in above.
Save Current Filter
Save current filter view is shown. Enter a name for the filter(1) and click on Save.
If you are updating existing filter, click on 'Update Existing Filter' which displays the following screen.
Enter filter name, and from 'Select Filter to Update', choose the currently saved filters and click on Save. A sample view is displayed below
Existing saved filters can be shared by clicking on 'Saved Filters' and then selecting Share as shown below.
Share filter button allows to share current saved filters to other users of the project. By clicking on Shared Filters icon, it displays all currently shared filters across the project and 'Apply' applies the selected filter.
Applying shared filters